For in-person services, see the following directions below. The Dobbs Ferry Public Library currently has 1 full-time and 1 part-time staff member available as a notary. The Library notary is available as follows: Monday – Friday, 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM **Please call in advance to confirm that the notary is available.**
To assure prompt service when you need a notary, please read the following:
- Do not sign your document in advance. All documents MUST be signed in the presence of the notary.
- Bring photo ID, preferably your driver’s license.
- The document must be in English.
- If the document must be witnessed, you must provide your own witnesses. The Library can not supply witnesses.
- The notary cannot notarize wills or notarize the authenticity of documents (passports, birth/death/marriage certificates).
- A notary public may charge a fee of $2.00 (Cash, Check or Money Order), per signature for administering an oath or affirmation or for taking an acknowledgement or proof of execution. Unless otherwise authorized by law, a notarial fee may not exceed this amount.
Please note: The Notary’s oath requires that the notary identifies the person signing the document and witnesses the actual signing. The notary cannot make any exceptions to New York State law.